parresia

I AM MERELY THE WINE BOTTLE POURING OUT THE WINE OF THE LORD.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

Thursday, May 11, 2006

From My Prayer Journal


This morning you told me that you love me. I want you to know that I love you, too. How can I express my love to you with mere words? They are inadequate to encircle my feelings. I can only express my love through your Word - your son, Jesus.

You have been my salvation, my light on a dark path. I can shine that light on every dark corner of my life and the fear fades away. You have lifted me above confusion and around despair. I have glimpsed heaven through your joy.

What I perceive as difficult, you have made simple. What I could not accomplish alone, you have carried me through in the palm of your hand - safe and hidden.

I look forward to coming home; to seeing your face when I have shed that which separates me from you - my earthly body. Thank you is such a small phrase, but it is all that I have to give. In Jesus' name, Amen.

"And he said to them, "Is a lamp brought in to be put under a bushel, or under a bed, and not on a stand? For there is nothing hid, except to be made manifest, nor is anything secret except to come to light . If any man has ears to hear, let him hear." Mark 4:21-23 RSV

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Craig said...

I loved this prayer! It was so heart honest and full of God's grace. Thank you for sharing!

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter