parresia

I AM MERELY THE WINE BOTTLE POURING OUT THE WINE OF THE LORD.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Thank You

Dear Father,

When I ponder our relationship, I am amazed that I have such a personal relationship with the Creator - the King of everything.

I see you sitting on top of a small hill waiting for me to walk through the garden to sit with you in silence.

When I am distressed by this exile, I see you on your throne, and you allow me to sit at your feet - close, safe - where no one can hurt me.

When I am fearful, I am sitting on your lap, rocking, and I can feel your arms encircle me while your melodious song is whispered gently in my ear.

At work you stand behind me with cheering or chiding, and at home you push me off my couch to get one more thing accomplished.

And when I lay my head on my pillow, you stay to watch me sleep - as though you loved only me.

Thank you.

4 Comments:

Blogger KayMac said...

You must have the gift of encouragement. I noticed your comment on my blog, & now that I am here at your's...I see all these comments from others thanking you for your kind comments. Thanks

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog
What a wonderful description of your intimate relationship with God

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The above comment is from Pastora Debbie @God is with us

12:18 PM  
Blogger Genna said...

This was so beautiful, it actually moved me to tears. Thank you for sharing this beautiful prayer.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter