parresia

I AM MERELY THE WINE BOTTLE POURING OUT THE WINE OF THE LORD.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

Friday, February 17, 2006

I Am A God of the Heart

At the beginning of time - God created Adam and Eve, and he was a God of individuals. Sadly, after the first sin, God became a God of nations and peoples. Whole nations were lost to the Flood. A whole race was captured and enslaved by Egypt, Babylon and Persia.

Then came Jesus. He reconciled the individual to God. Once again God was a God of individuals. When we accept Jesus into our hearts, our whole being is reconciled with God regardless of your nationality, race, religion or gender. We will be judged on whether our hearts, our minds and our souls are reconciled through Jesus.

We will no longer be judged as a nation or a people, for we will be responsible only for our own actions, words and thoughts. We will become reconciled.

How do you become reconciled? You become reconciled by making a decision; using your will. Why do you think God gave each of us a will? He gave us a will so each of us will have the opportunity to decide for ourselves whether to follow in his ways or the ways of the world.

Say: Father, I am a sinner. I know that the penalty for even one sin is death, therefore, it is beyond my power to reconcile myself to you. I accept that Jesus is your Son and that he died for all my sins - past, present and future. I accept his blood sacrifice. I accept that I am forgiven through Jesus. Thank you.

"On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.' "Every one then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock; and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And every one who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house upon the sand; and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell; and great was the fall of it." And when Jesus finished these sayings, the crowds were astonished at his teaching, for he taught them as one who had authority, and not as their scribes. Matthew 7:22-29 RSV

You decide - will you be judge along with your nation, or will you be judged based on your heart?

1 Comments:

Blogger Hepzibah The Watchman said...

Odyssey - I compare my relationship to God with the tides of the ocean. Sometimes the tide is in and I am full of the Spirit of God - then there are times when the tide is out and the Spirit is not as strong. But the one thing to remember is the water is still there whether the tide is in or out.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter