parresia

I AM MERELY THE WINE BOTTLE POURING OUT THE WINE OF THE LORD.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A Call to Intercession


Dear Father -

This morning you called me to intercession - prayer on behalf of others. Father, you know my heart and my willingness to serve you, but I do not know the needs of your people. Please lay on my heart the people and their needs so I may obey.

Show me who to lift up in prayer. Show me their pain, their dis-ease, their loss and their hope. You know each of them as well as you know me, so show me where they have laid their faith so I may join them with one voice in their petition. In Jesus' name - Amen.

"Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them." Matthew 18:19-20 RSV

2 Comments:

Blogger Hepzibah The Watchman said...

Dear Michael

I am sorry that your professor felt so needy in her position of power to incite ridicule.

I turned that quote around and around in my head, and then belatedly, I prayed about it.

Every claim to truth needs discernment. I can tell you that I am a banana - my claim, but that does not make it true.

I then thought that perhaps the statement should read "It's the claim of many that authenticates the truth." But, as I recalled Arianism and their claim of superiority, I found that it still did not reveal truth.

So again I state - every truth requires divine discernment and we receive that discernment through prayer.

May God bless you and your professor.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter