parresia

I AM MERELY THE WINE BOTTLE POURING OUT THE WINE OF THE LORD.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

Monday, November 14, 2005

Quiet Desperation

It seems as though many people live lives of quiet desperation. As I move from one stage to another, I am so saddened by the lack of joy in people's lives. I try to live a life of simplicity because I would rather have God than family, friends, a house or vacations. As a single mom, I work seven days a week balancing time between my employer, my children and household chores. Yet, I am happy most of the time.

Turning your life over to God is a sweet surrender. Suddenly the day to day striving is placed in the hands of someone else. And, who better to be in charge of your life but the creator of everything? It is the difference between treading water to keep from drowning and floating peacefully. It is the difference between driving like a maniac to get to work on time and a Sunday drive to check out the scenery.

When we surrender our lives to God, he immediately pushes up his sleeves and says, "OK now! You will see what I can do with your life. By choosing my will, you have released all the blessings I have held here for you. I promise that you will be dazzled! I will fill your life with peace and joy. Get ready for the ride of your life!"

"I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." John 10:10 RSV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter