parresia

I AM MERELY THE WINE BOTTLE POURING OUT THE WINE OF THE LORD.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

From My Devotions Today

" And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise." Luke 23:43 RSV

Jesus is hanging on the cross. On either side of him are two thieves hanging on their respective crosses. All three will die. One thieve curses him, but the other, knowing that they are about to perish asks Jesus if he may be made part of his kingdom.

In the aftermath of any major disaster people will ask, "Why did God do this?" or Why did God allow this to happen?" Death is no respecter of your goals, your dreams, or your position at work. He comes whether you are young, old or somewhere in between. Your ideals, political beliefs and fame will not protect you from the clutches of death. Even your spiritual and religious beliefs will not protect you. We will all die - some of us will die one by one - some all together.

I have a red letter Bible ( a Bible that hi-lights the words spoken by Jesus in red), so the first thing I saw this morning when I opened my Bible were the words captioned above.

"One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him, saying, "Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!" But the other rebuked him, saying, "Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong." And he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." Luke 23: 39-42 RSV

Which criminal will you be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter