parresia

I AM MERELY THE WINE BOTTLE POURING OUT THE WINE OF THE LORD.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Proverbs

Gossip
If you must condemn, criticize or complain - then do it only to God.

Hope
The breaking of a new day shatters the mistakes of yesterday.

Death
We are all aliens to this world and death is merely our flight home.

Pride
Pride excludes others and is fueled by fear
Self-confidence includes everyone with humility.

Life is a Banquet!
Taking smaller bites is the difference between elegant dining and fast food.

Laugh!
Laughter is a salve to loneliness, a balm to self-pity and an antidote to depression.

Who Am I?
If you define yourself first, there will be no room for the definition of others.

Trust
Remember that trust is given freely the first time, but must be earned the second time around.

Truth
Flattery is sweet and entices the palate, but it is truth that nourishes and promotes growth.

Humanity
Our humanity is not defined by good or evil, but by our choice between the two.

Thanksgiving
When giving thanks, acknowledge the creator; not the creation.

Fear
If you fear the aggressor, then he has won.

Take No Offense
The channel between the heart and the lips is long and narrow, therefore, the message may not be delivered as intended.

Excuses
Excuses may fool the world, but they will injure your soul.

Assertiveness
Assertive acts preserve self, but aggressive acts destroy the soul.

Self Talk
Speak to yourself with as much respect and kindness as you do others.

Free Will
Free will is never free. There are consequences to every decision.

AOK
One act of kindness can heal two hearts.

Wisdom
Knowledge is purchased, but wisdom is earned.

Tribulations
Today's tribulations are a reflection of yesterday's mistakes and tomorrow's mercy.

Guilt
Guilt should come before forgiveness; not after it.

Intentions
Good intentions are like seed pods that blow away in the wind.

Giving
I cannot always give what I want, but I can give what I have.

Survival
The human race differs from the animal kingdom because our survival instinct is called "Hope".

Peace
Peace is the absence of Fear.

Problems
Problems are situations; not people.

At the Edge
When the world pushes you to the edge, just step off into the Hand of God.

Pride
Pride is the armor of fear.

Family
Family is the safe haven to fine tune our character.

Decisions
When contemplating a difficult decision remember, the road not taken quickly fades from view.

Philosophy/Spirituality
Philosophy: I think, therefore, I am.
Spirituality: I am what I think.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved your Proverbs and the whole setup and concept. Needless to say the message is a beautiful one. I hope everyone reads it. I'm most proud of you.

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved your Proverbs and the whole setup and concept. Needless to say the message is a beautiful one. I hope everyone reads it. I'm most proud of you.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter