parresia

I AM MERELY THE WINE BOTTLE POURING OUT THE WINE OF THE LORD.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Path With Purpose


It was no small sacrifice that my parents took me and my daughter into their home. They still had six children at home - all of them teenagers. I came with no job, my furniture in storage in Kentucky and emotionally drained from my marriage. There was only one condition outlined by my parents to my living with them. They did not want me to share my faith with my brothers and sisters.

When I converted from Catholicism to Southern Baptist, my parents were convinced that I had joined a cult. Also aware that my sister had converted after her association with me, they were adamant that I was not to share this 'cult' with my other siblings. I promised that I would not share my faith with them - however - if they asked questions, I would answer them.

In a very short time, every one of my sisters and brothers asked me about my faith. It was so surprising, I knew that this interest was the stirring of the Holy Spirit and had nothing to do with me or anything I had done. I was merely the hammer in the hand of God, and he made sure that by coming to Connecticut, I was placed directly over the nails.

Each brother and sister came into God's plan of salvation in their own time. We are not all tomato plants coming into full fruit at the same time. Some of us come into fruit early like peas and some later like squash. Our mission is to broadcast the seed. God will provide the rain and sunshine to help it germinate and grow.

"And he told them many things in parables, saying: "A sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seeds fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured them. Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they had not much soil, and immediately they sprang up, since they had no depth of soil, but when the sun rose they were scorched; and since they had no root they withered away. Other seeds fell upon thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked them. Other seeds fell on good soil and brought forth grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. He who has ears, let him hear." Matthew 13:3-9 RSV

5 Comments:

Blogger KayMac said...

beautifully said

2:01 PM  
Blogger That Squirrel said...

"Just a hammer placed over the nails" - awesome! This was very inspiring. I do hope all your siblings find the faith you did. I'm still praying for most of my close friends and that they will see too. But as of now, they're too strongly rooted in atheism or agnostism. Well, the Holy Spirit is stronger than that! God bless!

2:24 AM  
Blogger Daniel Sibarani said...

Good blog. I have read some and to be honest.. If it was a true one, it is a good story indeed. Keep posting. Thanks for your comment anyway. :)

2:55 AM  
Blogger ouizard said...

we haven't seen you online in a while, but have a most blessed christmas, annie. :) God be with you wherever you are.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like your writing style. Are you going to publish your blog into a book?

Thanks for your comment on my blog ;)

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter