parresia

I AM MERELY THE WINE BOTTLE POURING OUT THE WINE OF THE LORD.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

Sunday, August 07, 2005

The Witness

It is early Saturday morning, and the doorbell rings. You sigh because you are clothed in your 'I need to get this house cleaned today' sweat pants and t-shirt. You have not yet combed your hair, brushed your teeth or put on your make up. Gingerly, you open the door and two women are standing on your porch, dressed in their Sunday best. They carry black Bibles in one hand and the latest copies of The Watchtower in the other. Do you let them in or do you refuse?

As Christians, we are instructed to witness to the world, however, even I would find ringing doorbells on a Saturday morning a daunting task. Instead, I ask God to set someone before me; someone he has chosen to hear his word.

Once God has chosen someone, I pray daily for their salvation; then I wait. Eventually, an opportunity to share my testimony will present itself. The person will ask a question, or will share some strife or pain in their life, then I will give them my testimony. I continue to pray for their salvation and share more and more about Jesus as the opportunities arise.

Witnessing, or giving testimony to unbelievers can be an intimidating experience for some, but if you ask God to 'set someone before you', he will provide all the tools and opportunity you need to complete your mission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter