parresia

I AM MERELY THE WINE BOTTLE POURING OUT THE WINE OF THE LORD.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

Monday, May 30, 2005

Know Your Enemy - Chapter One

I was recently blind-sided by Satan. Using someone very close to me, I became hurt, then angry and finally enraged. As the situation escalated, I realized that this was not just a one-on-one with another person, but that Satan's handprint was manipulating the exchange. I quietly backed off, ending the exchange of venom, but my pain and anger prevented me from doing any more than that. It took weeks to get back into the Spirit. I had been duped by Satan, and right then, I asked God to show me my enemy. I wanted to be prepared at the onset of the next attack.

So, this is the first part of God's revelation to me. As he reveals more about the enemy to me, I will write them here.

The very first thing that God revealed to me was Matthew 24:36:

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only."

God has told no one about the timing of the final hour - not even his Son. When a General plans war against an enemy, one of the best weapons is the element of surprise. As the posters stated in WWII - "Loose Lips Lose Soldiers". This is war and God takes this final battle seriously - enough not to reveal his timing to anyone - not even his Son.

If God takes Satan seriously - then we should, as well.

So, let's go back to the beginning. God created the angels, including Lucifer. These spirit beings were created to have fellowship with God while serving him. God loved them. At some point, Lucifer wanted more position in God's economy. He may have had a very good relationship with God for a long period of time. He probably had been a good and faithful servant and now felt that he should be raised to a higher postion. However it came about, we do know that Satan's first sin was pride. His second sin was gossip. Satan used his influence to sway the other angels to follow him in rebellion; many followed.

Now Satan stood before God with those who had leant their support - challenging God's authority. Satan had God in a "Catch 22". Our God is a just and merciful God. This dichotomy of character required a perfect solution, for God could not allow evil to flourish and yet, he loved his creatures. God's justification called for the total destruction of Satan and the other rebels, but His love would require mercy. What would he do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter